Scenario Planning and Forecasting. A Must in the Current Landscape. Here’s How NetSuite Can Help.
As most financial and leadership teams will attest, forecasting under normal circumstances can be cumbersome and challenging, and in today’s current environment, it might seem even impossible.
But as the economy reopens, it’s crucial for businesses to build out scenarios based on their current state and assume a wide range of outcomes, accounting for sales, expenses and cash flow, with some of that dependent on outcomes related to the labor force and supply chain disruptions, for example.
As part of the unified suite, NetSuite Planning and Budgeting makes this process seamless, reducing stress during an already stressful time.
On this episode of “The NetSuite Podcast,” we’re joined by Nate Mariner, the Global Senior Business Manager for NetSuite Planning and Budgeting, who dives into the solution’s capabilities and why those capabilities are so crucial to helping businesses navigate the current climate.
After discussing his own history as a financial analyst with experience utilising NetSuite Planning and Budgeting from a user standpoint, Mariner recalls the challenges around manual and antiquated processes he witnessed financial teams face in scenario planning and forecasting. While those responsibilities may not always be top of mind for financial teams, Mariner explains that the ever-changing landscape of a connected global world requires those teams—across both large and small companies—to anticipate disruption…Something that’s especially topical right now.
About NetSuite Planning and Budgeting
Companies around the world use NetSuite Planning and Budgeting to address their business planning needs. NetSuite Planning and Budgeting automates the labor intensive planning and budgeting processes and work for finance teams to easily create budgets, forecasts and what-if scenarios and generate reports using one, collaborative and scalable solution. With the time saved on manual consolidation, troubleshooting an reporting, your finance staff can now focus their attention on strategic analysis activities, which have a greater impact upon the company’s financial position.
- Fully customizable and owned by Lines of Business.
- Migrate from disconnected planning tools and spreadsheets.
- Multiple environments and global data centres for deployment.
- Intuitive, role-based web and MS Office interfaces.
- Flexible driver based what-if modelling capabilities.
- Built-in financial intelligence and spreading logic.
- Built-in commentary and annotation capabilities.
- Flexible workflow and plan management capabilities.
- Robust reporting and ad-hoc analysis with formatting and charting support.
- Integration with NetSuite Financials.